Saturday, May 8, 2010

Show and Tell: New and Improved Edition!

I suppose I should also name this a 'Mothers Day' edition as well, seeing as today is indeed mothers day. So Happy Mothers Day mum! I bought her a dressing gown (which she asked for), candles (that smell like Bondi beach, mmm), bracelets (so she can stop stealing mine!), and headbands (because mine keep going missing...). I also attempted to make her pancakes for breakfast but the mix dad bought wasn't very good so I ended up ducking down to McDonald's. They gave me a free Sunday Times! I was well impressed. I hope you're all spoiling your mothers today! She really does deserve it :)

This edition is aptly named the 'New and Improved Edition'. Why? Well I'm bringing in a couple of new changes this week inspired by my boredom at uni last week. The first is called 'Murdoch look-a-likes', the second 'Creepy Things That Steff Says'. I think both of these titles are fairly self explanatory, so I won't bore with details!

Here's your daily laugh! Words can't really explain this video... I must admit I laughed pretty hard the first time I watched it, then when I watched it again I was just confused. Check it out below:



Murdoch Look-A-Likes #1
This title was inspired by an incident the other day when I saw someone who looked EXACTLY like Bernard Fanning. Make no mistake, I do not joke about these things and am usually pretty spot on. So believe me when I say that Bernard Fanning's long lost twin is roaming the halls of Murdoch University. Hopefully next time I will have a camera on me, but that would be kind of weird... not to mention stalkerish... yeah not such a good idea.

I must give mention to the Dockers fantastic performance this season. I have been a long time supporter of Fremantle since I was little. I used to say I barracked for both the Eagles and the Dockers except for when they played each other, then I would cheer on the Dockers. Nowadays I only care for the Dockers, and I'm very very proud of the boys. Last night was the most intense final quarter I've ever watched. I was jumping and yelling at the TV, screaming 'YES!' so loud I could have woken the neighbours each time they scored a goal. I also made the mistake of saying that 'Pav is my fav' in front of my dad. He now refers to him (Matthew Pavlich) as my pin-up boy. I suppose there are worse things...

I would love to take this time to exclaim my hatred for the misuse of the English language. And I don't just mean grammatical errors, that I can handle... to an extent. But what I am mainly pointing to is people who use txt language and then simplify it again. Worse than this is the fact that they are using a computer keyboard!!! How does one right so bad when all the letters are layed out in front of them?! It's not that hard to type one extra letter, and they're all placed in such a way that it makes it convenient for the user to spell words correctly. And some words have the exact amount of letters as the proper spelling. For example; 'Gewd' *shivers* and 'Good'. Would it not be easier to spell it 'Good' that way you're only using three keys and not four. I could go on forever, but I won't. Except for this last example, the other day someone wrote 'Sea' to me as in I 'See' you. I would have accepted this as a typo, despite the fact the 'a' is neither in the word nor close to 'e' on a keyboard, but they were talking to me 'lyk dis'.

Creepy Things Steff Says #1
This section is inspired by my friend Stephanie Chong. We met during second semester of our first year at Murdoch and have hung out between classes ever since. You may have noticed her mentioned a few times before as she helped me out a lot with the blogging competition. Well, the other day it came to my attention that she likes to say creepy things... alot. You know the things that you're meant to keep in you're head? Yeah, those things. So to kick things off here is one of her creepiest statements of late.

"I'm going to hang outside his house once he turns 18" - In relation to me saying that liking Nick Jonas was a little weird.

Check out her blog and tune into her latest adventure where she 'Blogs Every Day of May': http://steffwantssugar.blogspot.com/

And that is all folks, talk soon :)

Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment