Monday, May 17, 2010

Show and Tell: Destination 'Procrastination Island'.

I don't understand how one person can be so unproductive. I discovered my brothers electric guitar tonight. I was involved in learning a bunch of new songs by Grizzly Bear, The Kooks and Vampire Weekend for about 2 hours. 2 hours I could have spent working on my 2000word assignment due this week (I really hope my tut doesn't read this as I kind of need an extension, if they do... then I worked very hard tonight on that assignment due Friday that I need to hand in Wednesday!). Playing the electric guitar is soooo much easier than an acoustic, my god is it easy. I didn't really notice until I put down the electric and picked up the acoustic again. I've only ever played acoustic so I'm kind of used to it. But the difference is exactly like playing a keyboard and then playing a piano. You need to bang the keys on a piano way harder than a keyboard.

I'm a little ashamed to admit the levels of procrastination I stooped to after this, but I will share with you tonight - only because it's 12:45 and I'm past caring for the day. After following someone on twitter I decided to see if I could find their facebook profile. I won't disclose names just in case there are real stalkers out there, I say real because I'm a fake stalker who will just find the profile and be like *meh* now what. Anyway, he's a singer in a band and a facebook search of his name will only return fake fan groups - typical I know. Well... I found the profile. Totally private, totally untraceable, and you can't even add them. Which is everything I would have expected. I don't even know why I cared so much, it's not like I wanted access to personal photos or anything. That's always seemed weird to me. I guess I just wanted to see if I could achieve the impossible. Just another example that nothing is impossible thanks to the interwebz.

Speaking of the impossible, have I mentioned I'm working on a campaign to get Kevin Rudd re-elected? Yeah... maybe that's the reason why I haven't started the assignment yet. I must admit I was a supporter of Kevin Rudd back in 07. But these days? What a joke, the only time I saw him a little bit human was when Kerry O'Brien asked him the hard questions and he got a widdle bit angwy. I just don't see the point of having a PM who wants to impress the world more than his own country. That being said I'm not 100% sure I could vote liberal. Sure Tony Abbott's an Iron Man and can rock a pair of speedos, but do I want a Prime Minister who could double as a pin-up boy? (I am joking by the way, that was totally sarcastic.... seriously ;) ) Then again Malcolm Turnbull did reply to a letter my dad sent him, which shows he actually cares which is a nice change.

So as I write I'm chilling in the lounge room watching some TV. I'm half way through writing a sentence when my brother walks upto me and says "Omg!!! Jess!!! Siren!! Theres a Siren!!" "Huh?! What!? Spider!?" "Shh... don't move just listen" "WHAT!? *gets ready to jump from seat*". Apparently there was a siren... a siren! Why the hell would he get excited about a siren? It sounded like the fridge was making a weird noise to me - not a stoopid siren. I told him that if it's not War of the Worlds dramatic then he's not to distract me again. Terrible...

Before I sign off for the night I do want to mention a slight improvement to the world today. Twitter has altered the algorithm that discovers the top trending topics of the day. This means that Justin Bieber will no longer be the singly most popular twitter subject every single freaking day of the week. There is one issue though... his fans are like super mutants of those who obsess over the Jonas Brothers. So nice try twitter but looking at the trending topics at the moment [to the Right] you've had little effect...

2 comments:

  1. Tony Abbot in a speedo? Thanks Jess... I won't be able to concentrate on studying now ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha sorry about that =P

    Did you notice that massive twitter fail? Gosh...

    ReplyDelete