Friday, October 30, 2009

Britney!

So Britney Spears is coming to Perth next week, and I wasn't going. The newspaper is telling me how Perth is heating up because Britney lands next week. My facebook was going nuts with my friends posting status updates about going to see her next weekend. And theres me... heartbroken because I was broke when her tickets were released and sold out. But today, that changed.

I got an e-mail from Ticketek around about 2:00 today saying I could get Britney tickets for $50. FIFTY DOLLARS!!!! Yesterday I worked 14 hours so I'm confident that I can now afford to see Britney Spears. I ran around the house screaming "Oh My God! Oh My God! MUM!!!!". I rang my cousin asking if she wanted to come and soon after I had a confirmation e-mail from Ticketek congratulating me on my latest purchase. My eyes had tears welling.

My mum asked "Why are you so excited?!" after I had just spent 10 minutes jumping up and down talking veryveryvery fast. I was like "What?!". Britney Spear's firt release was the first album I ever owned. She was my first favourite artist EVER! So many childhood memories feature Britney Spears in the background, and I bet this is the same for many girls born in the 90s.

So Folks, I'm going to Britney next Saturday the 7th of november. Thanks for letting me share the excitement. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment