Sunday, October 18, 2009

We danced till the sun went down. Part 1.

So I'm meant to be completing an assignment due tomorrow... but I feel a great need to discuss the past weekends events. It was indeed the weekend of the One Movement Festival. Oh how glad I am to have attended this little beauty.

I must begin with one topic EVERYONE was discussing over the weekend, and that is Murdoch University. We all just guessed that Murdoch's partnership with Sunset Events was the reason we received free tickets to the festival, but we are yet to be given a formal explanation (as far as I am aware anyway). Due to being unemployed for the past 4 months I couldn't even fork out $99 to buy a ticket to One Movement, so I was understandably quite excited when I found out we had access to free tickets. I was even more pleased when I rocked up on Saturday and discovered the venue was half empty.

I've only attended a few festivals and concerts before, and none of them have ever been less than half full on arrival. Another thing I noticed was how chilled everyone was. There was no pushing or shoving, and I could comfortably be at the front of the action and dance till my hearts content. Unlike Southbound this year when I received bruised ribs from being at the front of the crowd during The Kooks set, worth it though... oh so totally worth it.

Saturday at One Movement was okay... I wish I could say it was great, but I can't... and here are several reasons why.

1. Its hay fever season - Anyone slightly close to me knows I am a hay fever sufferer. Mostly because since the first hot day in October I can't go 2 minutes without sneezing. Saturday was especially bad due to the heat, flies, and a blood nose with terrible timing.

2. It was hot! - Almost everyone that walked on stage on Saturday payed note to the heat. When I read the Sunday Times on Sunday morning I discovered it had been 36.9 degrees, which the paper described as a 'heat wave'. Yeah... not exactly ideal festival weather.

3. Sweat - This kind of tees with the fact it was hot, but sweat needs its on sub category. Sweat + sunblock + dirt = sticky dirty sweat. All I could think about at the end of the day was how good a shower would be right now.

4. The music - Now there will always be highs and lows to the musical selection at festivals, and if you don't like one band its more than likely someone else will. However, Sundays line-up was noticeably more impressive than Saturdays, just saying...

Thankfully I can stop there. 4 reasons why Saturday wasn't great, that's enough. Here are some reasons Saturday was great:
  • The Silent Disco - which I spent an hour in
  • The People
  • Dippin' Dots - the worlds coldest and yummiest ice cream
  • Sarah Blasko
  • Wagons (if you missed them please check them out here: http://www.myspace.com/wagonsmusic)
  • Free Murdoch T-Shirts
A few of these things were happening all weekend, but I chose to experience them on Saturday =]

This little post is long enough so I shall return later with a Part 2 featuring Sunday. I must finish my report due tomorrow like a good Uni student =]

Peace and love y'all!



(Don’t forget to vote!)

No comments:

Post a Comment