Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What is truth?

Today was an eventful day. I feel back in primary school writing a journal with a statement like that, but I really can't put it any other way.

Firstly my friend messages me this morning asking if I want a lift to uni. I gladly accept as I haven't had a good run with public transport this week. Monday, a woman vomited and I was given the utmost attention by a four year old who found it fun to annoy me. Tuesday, a man in desperate need of deodorant shared the same cabin as me. Safe to say I didn't really want to catch the train by Wednesday.
Thanks to the new highway it only took 40 minutes to get to Murdoch from Mandurah - the first noteworthy event. I also made it to class early, and making it to class early when you think you're going to be late is always a good feeling.

My first tutorial was okay. The beginning of spring is always a difficult time for my sinuses and I. We're coping okay but thinking too much can give me a headache, not to mention the constant sneezing. Actually, I think trying to suppress sneezes during class time is giving me headaches, oh well. Anyway, today in class our tutor says "alright class, what is truth?” What? Are you serious? That’s like asking where the universe ends! What is truth? We decided that what is true and what is real differs from person to person. While that wasn't the easiest question to answer I was glad to not be discussing the elaborate theories of Sigmund Freud.

After class I met up with a friend for lunch. Both of us didn't have urgent assignments so we decided to just get lunch and sit down. I went to get money out of the ANZ ATM and lo and behold! There are no 20 dollar notes. Big surprise there! So seeing as I’m broke I decided not to get money out. We then sat in Sir Walters’s cafe for an hour discussing random things. This brings me to noteworthy event number three. My friend asks "where is the esplanade in Perth". I just kind of looked at her blankly until I realised she wasn’t joking. I couldn’t believe that of all people to ask me this it would be her asking me. We have been catching the bus to esplanade station for years, as it was the only way to get to Perth without a car before the train line was built. I then explained that it was where esplanade station was, she understood.

After this we went to class. I decided to leave my class early my ride home was also leaving at 3:30. The ride home featured many interesting things including, me singing very loudly to Powderfingers new single, 2/3 of us having a sing along to Taylor Swift, an argument of why Farmville is fantastic and why my friend should hurry up and get facebook, and people flashing their headlights at us. The flashing headlights part is event number four.

We were driving down lakes rd and several people flicked their lights at us. I was like, what is happening? My friends both go maybe there is a speed camera up ahead. And sure enough the Ute in front of us got caught. I say it was their own fault for not listening to the people. I was so happy that people flashed us. It reinstated my faith in humanity. You could argue that they are condoning speeding, but I think the fact that they are looking out for others is a greater good that overweighs condoning speeding. (That actually makes sense but you may have to read it several times)
When I get home I realise that my brother has invited his friends around for a LAN. If you’re unaware of a LAN’s it’s when a bunch of people join together in one place, connect their computers together and play games. There is probably a lot more to it than that, but that’s a simple way to describe it. So currently my internet is being chewed up by the boys outside who are using it to fuel their counter strike addiction.

I now sit at home not wanting to eat dinner thanks to the apple muffin I bought at 3:30 this afternoon from aroma cafe, thinking about what to watch on TV, and pondering over whether or not I should attempt to do some study.

No comments:

Post a Comment