Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We danced till the sun went down. Part 2.

I would officially like to give myself the title "Worlds Greatest Procrastinator". I have an assignment due this Sunday, an assignment due next Monday, two shifts in my brand new job next week and two assignments due Friday two weeks from now. Despite all of these commitments piling up, what do i decide to do on one of my last free days for the next two weeks? Nothing. Well not exactly nothing, I'm actually addicted to this game site that lets you play strategy games for free. It's running in the background as i type this actually... (check it out here: http://www.twomoregames.com/strategygames.html, BEWARE however as it is highly addictive) I figured that instead of just playing a game I could update part 2 of my epic weekend which concluded 4 days ago, I really am slack aren't i?

Anyway, Sunday was the best day of One Movement. Probably the most fun I had on Saturday was dancing away in the silent disco and discovering Melbourne band Wagons. Sunday, however, was epic fun all day long. There were several awesome bands playing on day number 2, and the crowd numbers proved just how popular they were. The crowd was noticeably bigger on Sunday it might be due to the day being a bit cooler than Saturday, but i also think more people were attracted to the bands playing that day. Here's a quick run down of the bands I watched that day.

I Heart Hiroshima - If you haven't heard of them their a three piece from Brisbane and totally rock. I had heard their music before, but their energy live brings a whole new experience to the ears.

The Queen of the Kimberly Mary G - This was the first time I had heard of Mary G, and she (he?) was brilliant! If you've ever heard of the laughing Samoans then you may be familiar with Mary G's style of comedy. Shes a dame Edna type of performer and knows how to make you laugh. I would pay to see her again, she was great.

Meiko - Her voice is so unique, she could sing absolutely anything and it would sound good. She was also pretty funny as well, pulling out some awesome one liners.

Art vs Science and Tigarah - the two joined forces for an unforgettable set. They combined perfectly together to make an awesome one time duo.

Little Red - when they hit the stage, I swear I fell in love. I already knew I liked their music but their live set was amazing. Dominic Byrne of Little Red is my new found musical crush, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm actually counting down the days till I see them again.

Dappled Cities - I will admit that I only wanted to hear "The Price" but they're whole set was actually brilliant.

Wolf & Cub - We were up the front for these guys as we were waiting for Kate Miller Heidke to play on the same stage. There were two drummers, an energetic lead, and a bassist with epic headbanging skills. Definitely not you're average rock band.

Art Vs Science - We only saw them on the big screen as we were waiting for Kate Miller Heidke, but I think if I had been in a crowd for Flippers I would have gone crazy. Its safe to say I was a little too excited when I heard flippers live. Maybe it was because I was the only one dancing in the Kate miller Heidke crowd, either way I attracted a fair bit of attention and I'm not proud of it.

Kate Miller-Heidke - She was as magical as always. Her songs sound just like they do on record and she even threw in her fabulous song about facebook friend requests. If you haven't heard it check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7MuwPlOiNQ

Hilltop Hoods - We watched about two songs before we decided we had to leave if we wanted to be back in Mandurah at a reasonable time, but that was enough to pick up an awesome vibe from the crowd and leave with smiles on our faces.

After we decided we were going to leave, as designated driver i thought i should have a V energy drink to keep myself awake. My friend Emma and I headed to the V bar while our other friends Missy and Brodie went for a bathroom stop before the trip home. When we got our V I heard Miami Horror start to play "Make you mine" and I couldn't help but move my feet. "Baby, you got me feeling it in my feet you got me dancing" man I took that lyric literally. I then initiated a dance party with Emma in between the silent disco and the tent Miami Horror were playing in, or in other words the most unlikely place to dance to the band currently on stage. We continued to dance together along with a few passer byers until the other half of our pose came back from the bathroom and joined in with us. I took a break from the dancing and went to the bin to throw out my empty V can. When I came back I noticed someone taking photos and that some of the punters watching Miami Horror had turned around to watch us dance. We then danced our way to the front gates and to the train station.

When on the train we heard a man behind us break up with his girlfriend on the phone. It was a little intense... he started yelling at his girlfriend and told her he didn't want to use anymore. I should point out the train was very full as well, I don't think he noticed though. After he hung up on her he started to cry... then he rang her back and laid out all their dirty laundry for the train to hear. Safe to say it was pretty awkward...

After that it was a safe trip home and straight to bed to rest for uni the next day =]



(Don’t forget to vote!)

No comments:

Post a Comment