Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hired!

No more scouring the papers, no more agonising over lack of funds, no more staying up late applying for billions of jobs that all turn me down. Yes, that's right I GOT HIRED!!

Today I decided enough is enough, I am going to get a job. So I printed out a bunch of resumes, placed them in a plastic sleeve and went to the Mandurah Forum. I gave one to Telstra, which is where a friend of mine works. The same friend also used to work at the jewellery store 'Michael Hill', which she said had a sign out the front saying they were hiring casuals. I walked over to 'Michael Hill' and sure enough there was a sign!

I walked in and waited around for a while for some people to be served. After about 5 minutes the manager came out and greeted me. She looked at my resume and said, tell me about yourself. So I told her about myself, I said I was keen to get back into work and in three weeks I'm available full time. She seemed impressed, I was confused as to why because I had no retail experience what so ever. Maybe it was because I smiled heaps. When i went for my first job at 15 all my dad said was "remember to smile". I guess he was right. I was introduced to the staff working at the time, and they all seemed really nice. After shaking the managers hand and walking away with papers concerning tax and Superfund along with a roster, it was clear... i was no longer unemployed.

I felt like jumping in the air and clicking me heels together. I wanted to tell the whole entire world I had a job again! For 5 months I've been unemployed, and it has been the most challenging time for me. I hadn't been unemployed for three years before June, and well... to be honest it felt great at first. But then... I just got bored... even with uni I missed having the extra challenge of fitting in a work shift in between study. And although its been easier for me to achieve at Uni when I would look around and see my friends talking about work on top of their study, I felt kind of lazy. Not to mention not having any money! That's probably the hardest thing. I was living off my parents for a while until I got a measly $140 back from the tax department (i say measly because the year before i received $1100), so being back on the pay roll is such a good feeling.

I'm glad I have a blog to tell this good news too, otherwise I'd be calling everyone in my phone book and explaining how happy I am. That is how good this news is. =D

1 comment:

  1. ID SAY THAT FRIEND IS GREAT
    HAHA
    GLAD U GOT A JOB LOVE =]

    ReplyDelete