Friday, November 6, 2009

Freedom!

What a year... I will not deny that University was hard this year. I actually did better this year than i did last year though, maybe I like the hard work? Who knows, all I can say is that right now I am so releived that I have no assignments left.
This last week has been so full on, I have never been so stressed in my life. One unit, for unknown reasons other than I think its a really crappy idea, had me hand in 50% of the unit on Friday. 50%!!!! On top of that pressure, I had 3 tests spread over Monday and Tuesday. One of these tests was for a unit that I won't name here because I probably couldn't contain my dislike for it. In this unit over a 14 week semester I learnt nothing. Nothing!! I put it down to a terrible text book and a hard to understand tutor. Anyway I spent 4 days learning 14 weeks of concepts, if i fail that test I just might cry.
If you've read my previous blogs you might know that I am quite the procrastinator and a majority of lasts weeks stress was my own fault. My public relations unit required me to keep a journal throughout the semester documenting lectures, tutorials, sample materials, readings, writing exercises, reflections, and a conclusion per week. Yeah... and guess what? I didn't do it! So by the time I reached week 13 I had only completed 6 weeks. Completely my fault and I deeply regretted it on Friday.
So I get home Friday afternoon and I sigh releif. But alas! I'm not finished JUST yet. No no, and its not exams that I have to do! I'm one of the lucky ones, and its not because I study media!! Which is actually hard at times, as I have experienced this year. No no... I have two assignments left to write for this blog. And no I'm not complaining about it, I want to do it. But I must agree with another blogger on this one (who you can check out here: http://disgracefullytara.blogspot.com/2009/11/its-easy-to-lose-ability-to-dream-while.html) that by the end of 14 weeks of writing within strict guidelines and about theories I'm only going to forget after uni anyway, we lose sight of why we are actually studying. So by tomorrow I need to remember why I went to uni, what I'm passionate about, and how that fits my dream job. Awesome! An assignment that requires me to day dream, I think I might actually enjoy this. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment