Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The festivals of 2010.

West Coast Blues 'n' Roots Festival 2010 here I come!

Next years festivals are sending me broke. I have my Southbound ticket. This year was my first Southbound experience and I would have done ANYTHING and I mean anything to see The Kooks live. I ended up at the front of the crowd right in front of Luke Pritchard, it could not have been a better experience. Despite not having a favourite band on the line-up this year (excpet for Jamie T playing on the Friday night for campers only, and i'm not camping =[ ) I still bought my ticket the day they went on sale. Southbound is just one experience you can not deny yourself. If you have not been to Southbound, you're seriously missing out. It's the closest thing WA has to Glastonbury, and we all know how good that festival is!

I also have my Big Day Out ticket. There are three big reasons as to why I'm heading to the BDO next year for the first time. 1. Muse 2. Lily Allen and 3. Powderfinger. Three of my top bands on one line-up, I could not go past it! Although I've been told the crowd is kind of rough I'm willing to endure bruises and sore muscles, after all injury's do become a part of the festival experience.

Last on my current festival line-up is the West Coast Blues and Roots festival. Two words - Crowded House. I love them! It may have something to do with me being part Australian and part New Zealander, but I just think their music is magical. Not to mention the way a crowd lights up when they hear their classic songs. After I hear "Better Be Home Soon" live I will be able to die happily. Other awesome bands joining Crowded House are The John Butler Trio, Jimmy Barnes, Newton Faulkner, Angus & Julia Stone, and Lisa Mitchell.

Hopefully I'll somehow end up with a ticket to Laneway Festival as well. Florence and the Machine, The Middle East and Mumford & Sons, you can't go wrong!

Festival crowd

No comments:

Post a Comment