Sunday, November 8, 2009

Assignment #4 - My Passion.

This latest blog assignment is asking us to define what we're passionate about and how it fits into our dream job.
So, talking about your passion should be easy right? Well no, first you need to know what you're passionate about and I have so much going on in my little head that I can't figure out what I love most. So I've sat here for about two hours now umming and arring over what I'm passionate about. I started asking myself, what is it that I can't go a day without? This bought me to the events of this weekend in which I felt very passionate about a certain subject expressing both passionate anger and passionate love. Yes, it was Britney Spears.
Oh I know it sounds really lame when I put it like that but I do admire Britney. She holds a place in my childhood that will exists forever, so yes I think Britney Spears is the shit. Any who, the bigger picture to this story is my true passion. Music!
As I've experienced over the weekend I can become quite passionate about the subject. I was very angry when people we dissing Ms. Spears because she was lip synching. Well haters, on Saturday night she did sing and she sounded brilliant so screw you! I think I should push on now... see told you I was passionate!
Anyway, it made me realise that I care about music, and I care when people don't understand music. When I hear a brilliant band and go "Omg this band is sooo good, like seriously the bass is off the hook!" and my friends don't understand I spend the next hour or so trying to demonstrate why the song is epic.
So in the past couple of weeks I've kind of set an example for myself when it comes to making videos or taking photos... but this week I was just toooooooo busy. Instead I've created a little montage demonstrating my passion

So there you have it! That’s my passion. Now to turn it into a job... Well... that task is actually going to be easier than I thought. I went to university to study a degree that would help me on my path to becoming an events manager. But the thing is I don't just want to be any events manager, sure I've taken up a double major in public relations so I can organise events for company's... but seriously I don't want to be stuck organising staff Christmas parties for the rest of my life. No no no I want to organise music events.
I've been doing it on a local level for a couple of years now and in that time I have met the man who actually has my dream job. You may or may not have heard of Paul Sloan, he is the creator of Rock-It and has achieved many things that I am envious of. I will never forget the time we put together a show in Mandurah for his band The Sunshine Brothers to rehearse for their upcoming tour because Paul was going to be going on tour with Death Cab for Cutie so was unable to rehearse for a few weeks. Honestly, isn't that the coolest excuse in the world to miss out on band practice! "Oh you know... I'm touring with Death Cab" Holy Crap! Ever since that day I've wanted his job.

So in summary....
Passion: Music
Job: Events coordinator, tour manager, promoter, oh and while we're still dreaming how about my own record label? Cool? K Thanks. =]

P.S
Voting lines are still open! And there isn't even a number to call, just a picture to click. Isn't that great?!


No comments:

Post a Comment