Sunday, June 20, 2010

High School Vs. University Part 1.

The other day a couple of my brothers friends came over on their lunch break from school to hang out. They ended up sitting with me asking questions about university. One of the girls is interested in studying the same thing as me, which is pretty cool. The main thing they were concerned about is how different university is going to be, so I thought I would do a mini-series on this topic. One of the biggest things I noticed when I got to university was, that no matter how hard school will try to prepare you for the experience university offers, you will still find it incredibly different.

They both attend the same high school as I did, so I understand what the time tables are like. When I was there we used to have classes to 5 o'clock on Mondays and Tuesdays, we would also have free periods. The reason for the late classes and free time is to prepare students for what classes at university will be like. 
I've only ever had one class that finished late in the day. Next semester I don't have a class that starts before 11am and they all finish before 3pm. So just remember that your uni timetable will still be quite flexible and its not as daunting as your teachers might make it out to be. I know mine used to scare our class all the time!

If you have any questions about the difference between school and university, let me know :)


Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment