Wednesday, June 16, 2010

7 Hours without the internet.

It’s true how they say “you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone”. I rushed home from work today eager to jump on-line to check my e-mails, and of course facebook. But there was just one little problem... the internet wasn’t working. The internet had been down for most of the day, and we couldn’t access it at work either. I must admit I was a little shocked; turns out I rely pretty heavily on the internet these days. I don’t even spend that much time on the computer, now that I’m on uni holidays. But the afternoon is the time of day I like to check my e-mail and facebook updates, you know... before MasterChef starts at 7:30. When I think about it there is a million other things I could be doing right now, it’s not like we’ve lost power. This would be the perfect time to finish that first book from the twilight series that I’ve spent the last 6 months trying to get through, yes it really is that painful. I could spend some time with the numerous game consoles we have in the house playing Mario Kart (Wii), Guitar Hero (Nintendo DS), Whirly Word (iPod touch), or the Sims (PC). I could even learn a new song on the keyboard or guitar, maybe even bake something. But instead I’m sitting at my computer writing a blog post, a digital journal entry that will later need to be posted on-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment