Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm Going On

This morning I woke up with a sore throat, a sure sign of sickness. Considering my busy schedule of late I wouldn't be surprised if these are the early signs of my body being run down. You don't even want to know how my week starting today is planned! (it's rather disturbing). I must say, however, that I don't think going out and drinking on Saturday night only to go to work on Sunday helped much. (In my defence, though I drank more than usual, I was home by 11pm)

Seeing as it's only Week 2 of the semester and I'm aware we have a study break coming up in a couple of weeks, I'm pushing on. So this morning I decided I was going to read my required readings before I get to class. Only problem is the unit has not prescribed one book, rather they have picked a bunch of different readings and made them available on-line. Personally I think it would have made more sense to compile these into a reader (one book with a bunch of chapters from other books), that way I could read during my break and on the train. But no... they're on-line.

So I jump on-line and head to MyMurdoch. I'm feeling very proud that I am taking a good step forward with deciding to study when a screen pops up where MyMurdoch should be telling me that Murdoch's security certificate has expired. Now I'm not too computer savvy but I think I know computers well enough to know that this means my computer is open to harmful little things on the world wide web. In hindsight the site is probably fine, but I've had a virus before and I HATE them, and considering I only just re-installed my computer to factory settings (I like everything to be new when I start a new year) I do not want to have to go through that again any time soon.

Therefore, I have not done my reading's. The smell of fuel flowing into my room thanks to my dads lawnmower is also making me feel slightly uneasy. Maybe today just isn't my day for uni. If I was there more than two days I week I would probably stay home today. But I feel bad if I only go for one day and I kinda miss Murdoch. So today I will be at the train station at 10am ready for my 11:30am start. Not too shabby I must say...


No comments:

Post a Comment