Monday, October 18, 2010

There's a first for everything.

Well... those essays didn't exactly go to plan. I'd like to blame a few things on my late submission of assignments, but truth is it's really my fault. I'll quickly play the blame game though, just to make myself feel better for a moment.

Firstly, I worked on my assigned day off which is when I reserve a majority of my study for. I didn't find out I was working a full day until Thursday night while I was working, so I had prepared to write a majority of the two essays that day. Friday night came around, and I was too tired to string a sentence together. Poor excuse, I know, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to assignments. So if it's not perfect; it's not right and if it's not right; I'm not submitting it. Consequence is, it takes me a lot longer than average to write an essay, aside from that day that I wrote a 2000word essay in 8 hours (I ended up with a C+... but still, terrible terrible habit!)

Both essay's were due at 5pm, and I need to allow for at least 1 hour to travel to uni and reach the assignment box. As 3 o' clock ticked by and I was still in my pj's trying to polish off two conclusions I started to doubt whether I's be ready in time. 4pm came by, and I was still referencing. At 4:50pm I emailed my tutors to let them know my essay's would be late. It was the worst feeling in the world. I've just spent 3 solid days and nights trying to finish these, and I still couldn't get them in on time.

These a few things to be learnt here. Firstly, stop procrastinating. I shouldn't have been writing the bodies for two essays the weekend before they were due, discovering along the way that I actually had more research to do. Secondly, reference along the way. Don't wait till the end of an essay, because you'll finally be finished and realise that you've actually got to spend another hour referencing. It's extremely painful.

I hope everyone's semesters are wrapping up better than mine. I'll let you know my final result when their in. I have no idea what percentage of my mark I'm going to lose - if it's the difference between a C and a D I just might die.

Jess.

3 comments:

  1. that happens to me quite often but i appreciate your advice at the end I'll keep that in mind and cheer up it will be ok *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. that happens to me quite often but i appreciate your advice at the end I'll keep that in mind and cheer up it will be ok *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe thanks :)

    I realised I never posted my results. I only found out my mark for one essay. For the other one, I missed out on distinction by 4%. So it would have made a difference to hand it in on time! Haha

    ReplyDelete