Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Extensions aren't all good news...

So I should have had an essay in by Monday just gone, but instead the class was given an extension till this Friday. It made no difference, I still haven't started writing it.

Last week was pretty full on. I helped run two launch events for a new web page I've been working on with a few other people (Check it out here ;) http://mandurahyoungandrestless.com/) and I partied it up at One Movement. So really, not enough time dedicated to study in between all that. I was pretty focused on handing in the essay on Friday, however, so I was a little bummed when we got another extension.

Yesterday a full class rocked up to our tutorial, only to have the tutor not show. It was like being back in high school when the teacher never showed, I felt free for about 5 minutes before realising I'm meant to look after myself at University. Bummer right? Half the class began to trickle away while a few of us stayed to "work" on our essays. Yeah, that never happened. That afternoon I DID go to the library and borrow some books though, which I haven't done since first year. It didn't help all that much though, and I still went home and stared at my computer; knowing that I needed to write something, but I couldn't figure out what.

That night our tutor sent everyone an e-mail saying we had an extension until next Monday. Great? No. I have a 3000word essay due Monday! Stress stress stress!! I'm sprouting grey hairs as I write this. 5500 words, 5 days. Totally achievable...

No comments:

Post a Comment