Monday, October 4, 2010

Can I be exempt?

It sounds simple, but the title for this blog is one of the hardest lines I have ever had to write. Not in the context of a blog title though...

In order to graduate from Murdoch at the end of this semester, which is only 5 study weeks away (eek!! :D), I need to be granted exemption from 3 subjects. 2 belong to my media degree and 1 belongs to my public relations degree. I've set out an e-mail that explains why I think I should be exempt, but I just can't seem to close it. Do I simply say "due to the above, I believe I should be exempt" or should I be less pushy and write something along the lines of "is it possible for me to be exempt?"

I spent so much time on this letter, that I'm now sure I've missed the deadline. At least according to the Murdoch website. This is something MyAnswers didn't prepare me for. I'm kind of disappointed if this is the case. I would have expected MyAnswers to tell me there was a deadline, rather than just telling me I needed to write a letter to my academic chairs. There's also the fact that there are no guidelines to writing a letter for exemption. It's not such a big deal, but this is a pretty important letter. The outcome of this letter means the difference of me graduating at the end of this year, or half way through next year. Last year I was all "it'll be fine, I'll take this extra unit and if I have to come back I'll have to come back." I thought it would be fun finishing half way through the year, that way I wouldn't be committed to finding a job straight away and would be fresh from 6 months off when I started looking in the new year. But freedom is ever so close right now and I'm fed up with my casual wage and work hours which see that I remain broke for a good majority of the uni semester.

It's true what they say. The final semester is the hardest. I'm getting lazier with my assignments, and slacker with my study schedule. It's like knowing you're prison sentence will end in 6 months, but you dig you're way out anyway. Because it's so close you can't stand it! Okay... maybe that's an exaggeration... but 15 years of school with no more than a 2 month break once a year kind of does your head in.

I WANT TO GRADUATE NOW!!
So please please please Murdoch let me graduate this year! Otherwise I just might cry...

I'm going to go and watch 30 Rock now and procrastinate calm down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment