Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'll closet you!

NOTE: Inside jokes cannot be used as blog headlines - I have ignored this rule.

Today I come to you from the pleasant home of Sunset Events. I've wanted to write about this grand place for some time now but it is not something I could explain at first glance. No this place is not as it seems upon first walking in. At first you think, my goodness this place rocks does anyone get any work done? Well... the simple answer to that is yes, and boy is there work to get done.

On my first day I sat in the front room on a couple of comfy seats reading X-Press magazine, waiting for someone to collect me. After being introduced to the person who would look after me during my time in the office, I was whisked through the office and given a bunch of names I struggle to remember to this day. While on my little office tour, however, I noticed a few things. Firstly the lack of shoes around the place reminded me alot of Murdoch, it also made me feel completely at home. Next I noticed a Kelly Clarkson poster, which confsued me a little... Turns out Sunset Events is promoting her show in WA. This fact was somewhat redeemed when I later found out that Eric Hutchinson is the supporting act. Also, you can' help but notice the two dogs wondering around the place. I have no idea who they belong to but they are the cutest dogs who roam in and out of office rooms daily. For the rest of that day I sat at an office desk complete with a telephone and random CD's. I got to take home a few of these CD's that day, including Guy Sebastian's latest album which made my mum quite happy. I didn't do anything too notable on that first day, except right a paragraph for an email that would be sent to Sunset subscribers. But that day, was still a good day. Seeing and meeting the people behind some of the best events I've been to recently is a pretty awesome experience.

The past couple of weeks have really flown by.Today marks the fourth week I have spent at Sunset Events, and it feels like yesterday that I first walked in. On a personal level I've had a couple of nice achievements including writing part of an e-mail sent to 150,000 subscribers. I've also receievd a pretty good insight to the industry I've wanted to work in for several years, and so far I like what I see. Except for maybe the fact that people don't stop in this place. It seems nice and casual from the outside, but from the inside there is just mounds of firey chaos relishing to be released.

Also, in a completely unrelated subject, why the hell is Justin Bieber so popular?! As far as I can recall no 3 year olds ever cried over the Jonas Brothers. Besides... he only has one really good song anyway, I mean the only song I've heard was really really bad *nods*.

No comments:

Post a Comment