Friday, March 12, 2010

The Humans are Dead.

Wow, surprisingly I'm still awake after an early morning start following a late night watching How I Met Your Mother, it was Legen-dary!

I was hoping to continue the saga tonight but instead I'm going to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D. Thankgod! What a glorious way to end the first study break which has been filled with many lazy mornings and shopping extravaganzas searching for the perfect Hannah Montana wig. Who actually studies during study breaks anyway? Especially when the first one of the year is just 3 weeks into the semester. I don't have any assignments due until 3 more weeks, so I decided to take the high road and stick my nose up at stoopid study time. (Probably not the high or the right road but it sure was a mighty road, and I had a damn fine time walking down it). I did make some major progress this week, as well as failing to attend to some matters. Yesterday I went to JB Hi-Fi intending to buy Muse's latest album and a Jamie T CD. Instead I bought home Vampire Weekend, Pheonix, Mars Volta, and the Flaming Lips. I guess I'll have to save Jamie and Muse for another time. I also didn't see the dentist who I've been avoiding for the past 6 months, naughty I know. I was also meant to see an accountant, pay my licence bill, and find a Hannah Montana costume for tomorrow night's Disney party. I think we can guess which two of the aforementioned tasks I did not achieve.

I must admit costume shopping is a whole bunch of fun. In the past couple of years I've been to a couple of dress-up parties, two of which were Disney inspired. To the first I went as Alice in Wonderland, the second I was some witch from some cartoon I googled. These parties were so hard to dress for, they had such intricate rules that one must follow, but not this one... no... This time things are easy. A year ago my friend said "It's only one year until my 21st! I'm having a Disney party =D" and I replied "OMG! I'm going as Hannah Montana!" It was the perfect character. Firstly, she's human, secondly, she wears a wig, thirdly, anyone can be Hannah Montana if they wear a blonde wig. So this week I decided to hunt down a wig. I ended up buying a wig last Saturday from Toy World, but it just wasn't right. It was thick and frumpy and didn't look right at all. I was a bit dissapointed, so I went about trying to find the rest of my costume. It wasn't until yesterday that I struck gold! I happened to be roaming in the easter section of Target looking for a picture of Hannah so I could match a costume, when I stumbled upon something wonderful. A Hannah Montana easter gift box. Oh boy was it good! Inside was a chocolate egg wrapped in gold Hannah Montana foil and perched on top of the egg was... a Hannah Montana wig! An actualy Disney branded Hannah Montana wig! That means its gotta be right, right? Right! It's perfect! Now I can't wait to transform myself tomorrow night and forget about this Hannah Montana obsession by Sunday morning. (Maybe... I did like that movie a little bit)

Now I must use next week's uni time to catch up on study I should have caught up with this week. Pfft study breaks... how elusive you are in your 'study' ways.

P.S. I would like to apologise for using the phrase 'Hannah Montana' a little too much.

2 comments:

  1. This is a bit random, but I'm a huge Kathy Griffin fan. One season on her reality show, she gave a speech at an actors' workshop. The one thing that she said that I thought was really valuable was that, even as an actor, you should always understand the financial side of things.

    ReplyDelete