Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Oh study break, how i love you.

It’s that time of the semester again and with yesterday being a public holiday I've decided to announce today as my first official day of the study.
As the day comes to an end I’m feeling quite accomplished. I stayed in my pyjamas until 4pm (only changing when my brother announced company would be arriving) and read about masculinity in film during the 1980s to early 1990s. This is the topic of my 3000 word essay due next Monday which I will no doubt spend the next 5 days writing.

I'm a little horrified by the word limit, the last time I wrote an essay 3000 words long was in year 12. (I wrote 5000 words while competing with my friend, good times...) I just wonder why a unit coordinator in their right mind would want to read and mark 40 3000 word long essays. I'm not going to stress over that though, it'll do my head in. Like trying to figure out where the universe begins and ends, or what’s beyond space, is it white, is it black, or is it just some kind of empty mass? One day I’m going to have an aneurysm thinking about it.

Aside from the essay I have a research evaluation and a few weeks of journal entries to catch up on. If its one piece of advice I can give anyone, its stay on top of your journals! I had to keep a journal last year as well, so i should have learnt my lesson by now... but no. I'm about 6 weeks behind now and hoping to catch up in the next five days, otherwise I'll get a shock when I reach week 14.

In short, i heart study breaks. They are the best time of the semester to catch up on work, and they make everyone at UWA jealous. They argue that they get a longer Christmas break, but deep down.... they know Murdoch is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment